Black History Month has been celebrated in the UK for over 30 years. In 2020, celebrating the contributions and achievements of black communities in Leicester and Leicestershire, and across the UK, has never been more important. On this page we have put together a collection of useful books, web resources, podcasts and other media/resources that might offer some insight and understanding into the significance of Black History Month.
- UK Black History Month – Black History 365 is an online platform celebrating Black History Arts and Culture throughout the UK.
Twitter – @BhmUK
- Diverse Kids Books- books for children of all ages celebrating diversity
Instagram – @Diverse_Kids_Books
- Every Day Racism UK – Anti-Racism Activists // Amplifying BIPOC stories
Instagram – @everydayracism_
- The Conscious Kid – Parenting and Education through a Critical Race Lens
Twitter – @consciouskidlib
Instagram – @theconsciouskid
- Munroe Bergdorf – Tran’s Rights and Anti-Racism Activist and Model.
Twitter – @MunroeBergdorf
Instagram – @munroebergdorf
- Dr Sola Mosi – Lawyer, Political & Women’s Rights Activist, Founder @wilpublication
Twitter – @SholaMos1
Instagram – @sholamos1
- The Black Curriculum- We teach Black British History in schools and out of schools to young people around the UK, – all year round using a range of art forms
Twitter – @CurriculumBlack
Instagram – @theblackcurriculum